Make sure to have chewing gum in your preps!
Chew on this: chewing gum should be part of your preps. Chewing gum helps provide
a sense of normalcy in uncertain times and has many other benefits. Don't over look
this inexpensive part of your preps! Chewing gum is like a "nerve tonic."
7+ Ways to Use Chewing Gum for Survival
Here are some the many uses of gum for survival:
1. Improves concentration (some provide a bonus of mental alertness): Ordinary
chewing gum provides a stress release and helps aid in concentration. As a prepper,
you want to be as stress-free as possible and you'll need to concentrate. This could be
the added boost you need in a survival situation. The military uses a special caffeine
gum for situations of sleep deprivation where it's impractical to drink or brew coffee.
There is also gum made with herbs to help you think better, and even a gum to help
you quench thirst:
- Stay Alert Military Caffeine Gum: Stay Alert Gum has been supporting our troops
in the Middle East. Paramedics, firefighters and police officers have also found
this gum to be compact and a fast acting tool for stopping fatigue. Works
instantly! Through oral absorption, chewing one piece delivers 100 mg of
caffeine five times faster than pills or coffee.
- Jolt Gum: Jolt gum has caffeine, guarani and ginseng. Just two piece of Jolt Gum
equal 1 cup of coffee, which is same Jolt as Jolt Cola! One pack contains about
as much caffeine as six cups of coffee. That's an ideal energy boost for your bug
- Think Gum: Think Gum is a sugar-free, candy-coated chewing gum carefully
designed to enhance mental performance. It contains potent herbs and herbal
extracts that are scientifically demonstrated to improve concentration, increase
alertness, reduce careless errors and enhance information recall.
- Quench Gum: For quick recovery and energy, Quench Gum actually quenches
thirst and provides electrolytes plus 5 mg potassium. High citric acid content
stimulates salivary glands and increases oxygen intake.
2. Improvement of Morale: The sweetness of gum will help boost morale and may
also supply a little boost of energy. A small act of kindness could go a long way in
stressful times. Think of the gum as a way to "break the ice" with a stranger to help
you assess whether the person is a threat to your family and livelihood in uncertain
times. Add your favorite gum to your supply list! Have some handy if you have little
ones who might need to be quiet to hide. Gum will keep their mouths occupied.
3. Aids digestion. Chewing gum increases the saliva production in your mouth. In turn,
these stomach acids help break down food to aid digestion. Learn more about how
chewing gum improves digestion.
- Ginger Gum: Ginger gum, pictured immediate right, is an all-natural relief from
nausea. Ginger gum is ideal for women in your prepper group who may become
preganant because 80% of women experience nausea during their pregnancy.
Ginger has been used as a medicinal herb for thousands of years. Now you can
enjoy its natural soothing properties in a fast-acting, great-tasting chewing gum.
This drug free option for reducing nausea symptoms related to morning sickness.
4. Fishing: You might be surprised that you can also use gum as catfish bait! Gum has
also been used as a crab lure. Gum that helps with survival should be loaded with real
sugar (not sugar free). Also the color helps: choose a pink bubble gum.
5. Bartering: In case the world goes completely off the grid, gum will be a luxury item
for barter. The nice thing about gum is that it packs nicely and doesn't cost too much.
6. Oral Health + Additional Health Benefits: Gum aid in oral health as it helps brush
away the plaque simply by chewing. Some gums pack the power of antioxidants. Mega-
T Green Tea Chewing gum is one such gum and it delivers the health benefits of two
cups of green tea. If anything, gum will certainly ensure that a prepper has fresh
breath. You know that 4 out of 5 dentists recommend chewing gum (or so the
advertisements proclaim), but did you ever stop and wonder why they recommend it.
Well, it turns out that 80% of cavities happen inside the pits and fissures of teeth.
These pits and fissures trap food particles under chewing pressure. But a carbohydrate
like sugar in the gum can change the trapped food into acid that brushing can't reach.
- Glee Gum: Glee Gum, is made of all-natural, gluten-free chewing gum with no
artificial coloring, flavoring, sweeteners, or preservatives. Glee Gum is the only
gum in North America made the old fashioned way, with chicle, a natural tree
sap harvested sustainable from the rain forests of Central America. Once all
chewing gum was made with chicle, but today most gum is made entirely from
synthetic stuff. Not Glee Gum! Glee Gum uses chicle because it helps conserve
the rain forest. Chicle is also what gives the gum such great, long-lasting
7. Appetite suppressants. Chewing gum can help suppress an appetite, which may be
a useful aid in distracting when food supplies are short.
- Zoft Gum: Pictured immediate right is Zoft Hoodia Gordonii Gum Appetite
Suppressant. You get five packs (or a one-month supply) for $10 including
shipping. Zoft Hoodia Gum is an advanced, cutting-edge appetite suppressant,
which may prove useful when food is in short supply.
Weird Facts about Chewing Gum
What is Blibber-blubber and how can this easily overlooked prep help you survive?
Blibber-blubber was the original name of chewing gum! The name failed from a
marketing perspective because people thought the product was just too sticky. By now
you've come to realize the value of chewing gum to preppers, and this is just one of
the fun factoids about chewing gum.
Chew on more fun factoids about chewing gum:
You've always known that chewing gum reduces cavities and plaque, but for preppers,
- Chewing gum will make your hear beat faster!
- Strangely, chewing gum prevents heartburn.
- Prehistoric humans used tree resin as chewing gum.
- Gum was used by U.S. soldiers during World War II to promote goodwill in
- At times it was illegal to chew gum in Singapore or required a prescription.
Heavy penalties are imposed for chewing gum in public in Singapore as well.
- Do you tear while cutting onions? Chewing gum while slicing onions can remedy
- There was a tax on chewing gum (War Revenue Act of 1899(, which help ay for
the Spanish-American War.
- You can start a fire with a gum wrapper: The chewing gum wrapper is a
firestarter. Here's how a gum wrapper and batteries can light a fire.
now you know gum provides many other useful benefits! Chewing gum is a survival
item you may have overlooked until now.
We're happy to hear your prepping ideas and link to your site. Please drop us a note on
Twitter or Facebook at HappyPreppers.
Remember, our family survival system is free! Learn how to store food, water, fuel sources, and
survival medicines, plus get tips on sanitation, self defense, and more at happypreppers.com
------------------------------------------------- Revised 8/1/14
(C) Copyright 2012-2014 by HappyPreppers.com. All rights reserved. The site happily targets concerned
citizens who are self-reliant survivalists, preppers and homesteaders with original content on survival
following societal collapse. You may link to our site, but you may not reproduce any part of our content, or
store our content in any retrieval system to represent it as your own. Further, you may not transmit content in
any other form or by any means, including (but not limited to) electronic, photocopy, mechanical, or recording
without written consent. HappyPreppers.com makes no warranties.
HappyPreppers.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising
program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to
amazon.com, amazonsupply.com, or myhabit.com.
Thanks for visiting our survivalists prepping site!
"The future belongs to those who
prepare for it." -Ralph Waldo Emerson
SEARCH articles for preppers,
survivalists and homesteaders: